Land

Together, Francis Wyman and his brother, John, owned about 1000 acres in what is now the Burlington and Billerica area (in Francis and John Wymans time, Burlington was part of Woburn).  In 1655 they purchased the first 500 acres from Henry Dunster for 100 Pounds Sterling English currency. Between 1665 and 1667 the brothers doubled their land holdings in the area by purchasing 500 acres known as the “Coytemore Grant”.  This purchase is believed to have included the land where the Francis Wyman house currently stands.